Problem set I
Test 1 Test 2
Test 3 Test
Test 5 Test
Test 7 Test
Test 9 M/C
Quiz 1 Quiz 2
Quiz 1 Quiz
Quiz 1 Quiz
Quiz 3 Quiz
Quiz 5 Quiz
- Determine the annual percent growth rate of people in Canada given the following data:
between 1980 and 1987 the population grew from 34 300 100 to 83 000 200
- If 6 centipedes were found in an area 10 cm x 10 cm, how many centipedes might be found in a 0.5 m2 area?
- Determine the total caribou population size in a park in Quebec. Two hundred animals were captured and marked and then released. After 2 weeks, 600 animals were captured, 53 of which had the mark from the original two hundred.
- A population of red-winged blackbirds is growing in an exponential fashion. The average number of offspring is 3. Determine the size of the population after 14 generations have elapsed.
- There are 18 daisies in a 0.25 m2 area.
How many daisies might there be in a 1 m2 area?
- Determine the doubling time for the giraffe population if the average giraffe lifespan is considered to be 45 years and the annual percent growth rate is 0.15 %.
- What is the doubling time for a population of zebra mussels if the average lifespan of a mussel is 3 months and the annual percent growth rate is 2.2 % ?
- Determine the annual percent growth rate for a population of sea lions if the herd increased in size from 32 000 in 1989 to 53 300 in 1991.